As seen much in Shriek's website of the different decklists tested in Japan for the [Ninja] series. Most of them are being paired up with Dinosaurs type monsters such as the [Jurac] series because of their ability to quickly Xyz summon the formidable walking negation monster, [Evolzar Laggia].
I'm sure that many have tried to test out what can the [Ninja] series pair up with because of their newly released trap card in [Order of Chaos], the [Ninja Art of Super-Transformation]. If you do not know the effect of this trap card. Here it is below!
Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation
Target 1 face-up [Ninja] monster you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; send them to the graveyard, then Special Summon to your side of the field 1 Dragon, Dinosaur or Sea-Serpent type monster from your deck whose level is less than or equal to the combined level of the sent monster(s). When this card leaves the field, banish that monster.
I've decided to pair the [Ninja]s up with Dragon type monsters to see how will they fare with each other. Which, at the right timing. New allies from the new structure deck [Dragonic Legion] provides the deck with even more powerful Dragon type monsters. Deck list right below!
Deck Name: Dragon Ninja
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1x Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2x Lightpulsar Dragon
2x Darkflare Dragon
3x Eclipse Wyvern
3x Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
2x Upstart Golden Ninja
1x Summoner Monk
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Monster Reborn
1x Different Dimension Reincarnation - D.D.R
1x Future Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
1x Allure of Darkness
2x Pot of Duality
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation
2x Bottomless Traphole
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Torrential Tribute
Extra Deck: I'll only list down those that are a "must" in this build
1x Five-Headed Dragon1x Lavalval Chain
1x Daigusta Emeral
1x Armored Ninja - Blade Heart
Through many days of testing for the build of this deck. This is one of the most consistent and stable build that I've found out by trial and error. These are the various points of the deck that I'm going to point out for easy reference.
1. [Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo] is here because of its ability to search out the [Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation] or when special summoned, is able to search out for [Upstart Golden Ninja]. Because of its searching ability and a decent atk strength of 1800, it is a very versatile beat-stick plus being able to use for the [Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation] for its own protection to call upon a higher-level Dragon Type monster after searching this trap card out.
2. [Upstart Golden Ninja] is able to discard a unusable trap card which does not favor your situation into calling out [Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo] for easy Xyz Summoning of a Rank 4 Xyz monster such as [Lavalval Chain], [Daigusta Emeral] and a warrior exclusive Xyz monster, the [Armored Ninja - Blade Heart]
3. [Summoner Monk] is the versatility of this deck. It does not restrict itself to summoning only level 4 monsters such as the [Ninja] series. It is the only one card that is able to bring out [Eclipse Wyvern] as well as a Xyz Summoning material.
4. The Chaos Summoning series such as the [Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning], [Lightpulsar Dragon] and [Darkflare Dragon] are the only ones that can fully utilise the effect of [Eclipse Wyvern]. For those that do not know the effect of [Eclipse Wyvern] , here it is below!
Effect Monster/Light/Dragon/LV 4
ATK 1600/DEF 1000
If this card is sent to the graveyard; Banish 1 level 7 or higher Light or Dark Dragon-Type monster from your deck. If this card in the graveyard is banished; You can add the monster banished by this card's effect to your hand.
So why does the Chaos Summoning series work well with this card? Well, their ability to remove 1 Light and 1 Dark monster for summoning is helpful for [Eclipse Wyvern] as removing this card as a Light Material while in the graveyard is able to retrieve the Dragon-type monster that was removed previously by [Eclipse Wyvern]'s effect. A good monster to remove for [Eclipse Wyvern] in the deck would probably be [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon]. As since the Chaos Summoning series are mostly dragons in the ratio of 4:1. After removing [Eclipse Wyvern] and retrieving [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] would be a good chance to summon it immediately to swarm up the field with another Dragon-Type monster.
Plus [Eclipse Wyvern] is a good Rank 4 Xyz summon material because even as a Overlay-Unit, once it is sent to the graveyard, it's effect will still be activated nonetheless.
5. The new Dragonic Legion Allies : [Lightpulsar Dragon] and [Darkflare Dragon]. Before the explanation of this 2 monsters. Lets have a description of their effects right below!
Effect Monster/Light/Dragon/LV 6
This card can be Special Summoned from the hand by removing 1 light and 1 dark monster respectively from your graveyard. You can Special Summon this card from your graveyard by sending 1 light and 1 dark monster from your hand to the graveyard. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, you can target 1 level 5 or above Dark Dragon-type monster from your graveyard, Special Summon that target.
Effect Monster/Dark/Dragon/LV 5
ATK 2400/DEF 1200
This card can be Special Summoned from the hand by removing 1 light and 1 dark monster respectively from your graveyard. Once per turn, by sending 1 Dragon type monster each from your hand and deck to the graveyard to target 1 card in either player's graveyard; Banish that target.
Now that we've seen the respective effects of these 2 above Dragon monsters. Lets give an explanation to their abilities.
For [Lightpulsar Dragon] its ability to send 1 light or dark monster to the graveyard is very useful and can be linked up to its 3rd Revival ability. This also brings about why [Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo] is also useful because when it is Special Summoned, it is able to search out another [Ninja] monster in the deck other than itself to be added to the hand. In this case for this deck, the only other [Ninja] target would be [Upstart Golden Ninja]. Then [Upstart Golden Ninja] can be a fodder from the hand to send to the grave for [Lightpulsar Dragon]'s self revival effect. A good dark monster fodder could be either [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] or [Darkflare Dragon] as once they are in the graveyard, it makes your opponent think twice about trying to get rid of [Lightpulsar Dragon] from the field and send it to the grave as if it calls upon [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] out, it may begin a infinite loop for a never-dying [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] and [Lightpulsar Dragon] combo, provided that cards like [Macro Cosmos], [Dimensional Fissure] or [D.D Crow]s do not break it.
For [Darkflare Dragon], its a personal favourite of mine because it has the ability to send 1Dragon type monster each from my hand and deck to the graveyard! Not caring about whether the banishing effect resolves. The only strong part is about the cost of activating the effect as it allows me to send [Eclipse Wyvern] or [Lightpulsar Dragon] to the graveyard for easy setup of future turn combos.
6. [Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon] is only there for fun as it is a 4th target for [Eclipse Wyvern] provided that all of your [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] are no longer in the deck for [Eclipse Wyvern] to benefit from. Plus having this card in the deck will make your deck pretty immune to the effects of cards like [Wind-Up Zenmaines] and [Gachi Gachi Gantetsu]
7. [Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning] , it is the strongest Chaos Summoning Monster, enough said! However as it is not a Dragon Type monster. It'd probably won't be able to continue anymore combos rather it will just be a huge threat to your opponent, distracting him/her from your other combos.
Cards that can be added to the deck
1. [Divine Dragon Apocralyph] can be a good addition to the deck as it can be a good setup to the never-dying [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] and [Lightpulsar Dragon] combo. Simply just discard [Lightpulsar Dragon], select a [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] in your graveyard and add it to your hand, then removing [Divine Dragon Aprocralyph] and summoning out [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] then reviving out [Lightpulsar Dragon] does it! If you guys have not discovered what [Divine Dragon Apocralyph] is. Here it is below!
Divine Dragon Apocralyph
Effect Monster/Dark/Dragon/LV 4
ATK 1000/DEF 1500
Once per turn, you can discard 1 card from hand to activate this effect. Target 1 Dragon Type monster from your graveyard; Add that target to your hand.
2. [Dragon's Mirror] is a good card paired up with [Future Fusion]! However why I did not add that card to the deck is because by removing the other 2 more dragons with the [Eclipse Wyvern] does bring about 3 more hand cards advantage. However the other 2 dragons that were removed along with [Eclipse Wyvern] may be important pieces for swarming the field. So this is a good card, however you must be careful when using it.
3. [Escape from the Dark Dimension] is also another good card, however I chose [Different Dimension Reincarnation - D.D.R] over it as [D.D.R] is more generalised and it allows me to discard 1 card from my hand to activate. That means being able to discard cards such as [Eclipse Wyvern] and [Lightpulsar Dragon]. However [Escape from the Dark Dimension] is also good as sometimes you don't really want to discard important cards and would like to revive cards that were banished by your own [Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation]'s negative effect like [Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon] and [Darkflare Dragon].
Alright! That marks the end of today's long post! If you have any questions or advice, please feel free to talk to us at our tagboard or even at the comments section of the post. You could even send us an email! Till next time, cya!