Yoz guys! I think its my turn to post about my views on the latest banlist that is going to take effect on the 1st of September 2008!
Dark Magician of Chaos 「混沌の黒魔術師」
- Quite expected in the sense because of the [Arms Hole] and [D.D.R] infinity loop. And also quite power in the Return from out of game decks. Like the Destiny Blade decks. And perhaps because [Allure of Darkness] is coming out in OCG soon?
Destiny Hero - Disk Commander 「Ｄ－ＨＥＲＯディスクガイ」
- Another expected card. Because of cards like [Limit Reverse] and [Angel Lift] that has appeared, revival has became quite an easy job for this card. And the drawing cards ability is just pure win!
Dimension Fusion 「次元融合」
- Since TCG decided to ban this card in their banlist. It would be alright for OCG to follow the banlist too. Able to stop all kinds of FTK and OTK decks that relies on the "Out of Game" pile.
Premature Burial 「早すぎた埋葬」
- Sometimes I would prefer this over [Monster Reborn], perhaps it is because that this card can be taken back by [Arms Hole]? Oh well at least Konami is kind enough to still let us have [Monster Reborn]...?
Newly Restricted to 1:
Cyber Dragon 「サイバー・ドラゴン」
- Trying to slow down Syncro Summoning? Or even the summoning of [Chimeratech Fortress Dragon]?(But its rather rarely seen these days =X) .
Breaker the Magical Warrior 「魔導戦士 ブレイカー」
- Not as strong as [Lightlord Magician - Laila] , but a great fighter with a great effect! Put them together = Magician decks anyone?
- Oh well... Yes Kenneth.. Poor DS =(
Monster Gate 「モンスターゲート」
- Same as the above, [Reasoning]
Return from the Different Dimension 「異次元からの帰還」
- Same as [Dimension Fusion].
Newly Restricted to 2:
Judgement Dragoon 「裁きの龍」
- Uh.... Whats the point? Its not making [Lightlord] decks any slower? Like what DS said, there are tons of [Monster Reincarnation] and [Beckoning Light] around. So... Whats the point? O_O?
Summon Priest 「召喚僧サモンプリースト」
- Trying to slow down Syncro Summoning decks? Hey wait.. Correction.. Its [Rescue Cat] syncro summoning decks. =X
Dark Armed Dragon 「ダーク・アームド・ドラゴン」
- Um..... 2 is still... VERY PLAYABLE! With [Allure Of Darkness] coming out. The draw power is still there for this card to be added into the hand quickly!
Phantom of Chaos 「ファントム・オブ・カオス」
- I'm not sure on why they banned it. Hmmm... Time to investigate!
Rescue Cat 「レスキューキャット」
- Further slowly down this card's "built for it" deck!
Card of Safe Return 「生還の宝札」
- Draw power is getting weaker in Zombie decks! But there is still draw power....
Chain Strike 「連鎖爆撃」
- Ooooooooo! Time for Burn decks to revive?!
Nobleman of Crossout 「抹殺の使徒」
- Lots of flip effect monsters hate seen here.
Newly Unrestricted/Released from Banlist
Light and Darkness Dragon 「光と闇の竜」
- People rarely play it now... However, will it return to its glorious days?
Destiny Hero - Malicious 「D－HERO ディアボリックガイ」
- Many people has gotten 3 of these in their hands before... But there is still [Zombie Carrier] to try to help solve the problem for you. =D
Mage Power 「魔導師の力」
- [Gem Beast] is getting more firepower! [Arms Hole] also has more targets! Cool!
Reinforcement of the Army 「増援」
- Yes! I'm loving it! Its time to search search and more search!
Royal Decree 「王宮のお触れ」
- Oh! New deck ideas inside my head!
Thoughts on the banlist:
Actually I think that the banned part of this list is making it quite balanced for the game. Or just a little?
The restricted to 1 cards is actually quite focusing on the special summoning cards that are in OTK or FTK decks. Or just to slow down Syncro Summoning decks. I am actually quite glad that they didn't touch on [E-HERO Prismer] like they should! (just for the [Gladial Beast] decks =X) And they did not touch on [Wicked Emperor Gaius] too! Awwww...
As for the restrict to 2 section.. It makes [Lightlord] and [Dark Armed Dragon] decks a little slower, but there is still support cards for them that makes them just as fast as last time.
As for the cards that were released from the list. It ain't really that surprising. And ya.. I'm hoping to see more new decks soon!