Hi guys, have you guys known about the news for the upcoming banlist due to be in effect on the 1st of September 2011? Well if you didn't know, below will be the list for the changes of the banlist to be taken effect on the 1st of september, as well as my own few cents of my thoughts for this upcoming list.
Listed are only the CHANGES
- Removing this card will slow down Monarch and water based decks. Making them harder to function as a whole. Or actually, destroying the whole frog deck that uses this mainly to synchro out [Formula Synchron]. However restricting it to 1 is a little harsh. There are still quite alot of cards that can actually stop the cycle. But perhaps Konami has some hidden hatred for it? o.O
- Having this card at 1 is still not enough! Although this card can be stopped by [Effect Veiler] or when you are trying to revive it from the graveyard it will be stopped by [D.D Crow]. It is still able to be revive from the Removed From Game Zone. Which makes the cycle able to be repeated multiple times. As much as we can see the build of the one turn kill version from Dueling Days as well as the Lockdown version from Duelist Codex.
- Perhaps a routine change with Heavy Storm? Now left with only [Blackwing - Zephyrus of the Elite] to help recycle the usage of your [Limit Reverse] and [Call of the Haunted]. Not to mention that its even harder now to get rid of [Malefic Stardust Dragon]
- Yes! More special summon abuse! However this makes every duel ends even faster now. With the release of [Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning]. Junk Doppel, Lightlords anyone?
Restricted to 1
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
- My awesome secret wish has finally come true! 7 years of waiting for this card to unban, always thinking that it will be impossible because of cards like [Honest] waiting to partner with it to try to gain a One Turn Kill move. But finally it has been released. However he isn't as strong as he was 7 years ago. Now with the removal of the Priority Ruling. He may just jump into a hole and die horribly to [Bottomless Traphole] without even removing a monster first. But we'll see how it goes then. 3000 atk? Not to mention a almost free Special Summon. Probably will make a big change to the current meta. This also motivated me to make a new banner for this blog to commemerate his return! =D
- No more super abuse of the Dragon Type synchro monsters with this level 4 revival effect tuner monster. With it at one makes you sometimes only able to choose to easily synchro 1 dragon type synchro monster at a time. Making the Debris Dandy deck not as stable as it was before.
- As what Bahamut84 of duelingdays said. This flower is really lone now. You'd probably wun be able to do a first turn [Shooting Star Dragon] summon or [Trishula - Dragon of the Ice Barrier] summon with just 1 [Lonefire Blossom]. However you are still able to do it if you have other plant type monsters in your grave.
Legendary Six Samurai Shi En
- Yes, the Legendary Six Samurai deck has just gotten a major nerf! Probably will not see it top the meta that much now. Or will it still prevail?
Tech Genus Hyper Librarian & Formula Synchron
- Restriction the both of them to 1 surely will make the decks powered by these 2 cards to go slower. And having to think further on when will be the best time to make use of [Formula Synchron]. Not to mention slowing down the summoning of [Shooting Quasar Dragon]. But still its manageable. This allows our extra deck to have more space for other Synchros/Exceed/Fusion to use.
- No more setting of 5 cards and ending of turn without having a backup such as [Starlight Road] for protection! Get your [Starlight Road]s now!
- yes it is wtf? But I heard taking back [Honest] with a friend into your hand is good for health and for winning =D. But still, when will there be a chance for you to actually use it when [Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning] is only at 1 copy?
Shien's Smoke Signal
- More nerf to the Legendary Six Samurais!
Pot of Avarice
- Probably would die to a [D.D Crow] or [Transmigration Prophecy]. May I suggest using [Monster Reincarnation] in your decks now since [Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning] is back and [Pot of Avarice] is restricted to 1?
Restricted to 2
- More Exceed monster love~
- More defenses for the win! Not to mention it is able to change its level at will. Makes Exceed/XYZ summoning alot easier to achieve!
- with the above card [Tradgoedia], prevents yourself from being destroyed by [Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning] as said by Bahamut84 of duelingdays. Still with this card at 2 copies. More Graveyard Blackfeathers people? It would probably be a favourite [Dark Grepher] or [Armageddon Knight] target.
Dewloren - Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
- No more infinite amounts of summoning [Trishula - Dragon of the Ice Boundary] anymore~
- Some fun playing of [Destiny Hero] decks now anyone?
Swords of Revealing Light
- Um.... I heard [Heavy Storm] and [Mystical Space Typhoon] is an awesome card
- You can now have more chances of random calling card names for the benefits of your [Dark World] monsters! Not to mention playing this with [Trap Dustshoot] is awesome too!
Call of the Haunted
- Take out your [Limit Reverse]!
No longer Restricted/Released from Banlist
- O M G. Lightlords are probably going to top the meta with this. As there is no longer [Royal Oppression].
- Not as powerful as it used to be. Konami is probably encouraging more direct attacks to your opponent using this card. Making them drop a random [Dark World] monster is delicious.
- Lets go [Future Fusion] + [Overload Fusion]!
Mystical Space Typhoon
- I'm still lacking of 1 OCG gold series copy...... With this card at 3, making control decks seem harder to play now. So many m/t removals!
- o.O [Arms Hole] anybody?
- Doesn't stop Exceeds/XYZ. But with that many mass destruction cards around. Probably wouldn't survive. Or maybe could be used as a bait to protect your other more "important" m/t cards
- Usually the Black Wing decks around would only put 2 copies. Being at 3 would promote more usage of [Starlight Road] or would probably be destroyed by [Mystical Space Typhoon] before you even will have 2 cards on the field for targets.
Well then, this will be the end of my post for today! I will be updating the next post with my version of the [Dark World] deck. Stay Tuned! =)